Director of Sales, Outside and Channel - Remote Role
To begin the application process, click here.
This position will lead a new initiative to develop relationships with new clients in target regions and develop channel partnerships with MSPs and product vendors. This resource will position and sell cyber security services and products using technical, organizational and client knowledge in a consultative sales process. Candidates for this role must possess a firm grasp of the technical components surrounding the information security and risk management landscape. Candidates should also have excellent presenter skills with the ability to convey complex information security concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences and the capacity to influence and help security executives through the maturation of their organization’s security posture. This role will assist clients in applying the products/services to their needs, resulting in revenue generation. In addition, the position provides input and participates in the marketing, market planning and technical development of products and services. This position will also be responsible for driving profitable sales in unassigned client accounts.
For channel partnerships, this resource will build market position by locating, developing, defining, negotiating, and closing business relationships. this role will manage deals that are referred to us as well as facilitating the identification, growth, proposal, and closure of deals managed by our partners’ sales resources. This resource will be an expert in running channel enablement programs that can help drive incremental revenue through our partners and provide our partners with world-class support.
- Has a firm grasp of the technical components surrounding the information security and risk management landscape.
- Lead channel sales enablement initiatives for specific go-to-market campaigns – define enablement objectives, create internal and partner enablement plans, execute, and assess the effectiveness of those plans.
- Work closely with marketing to identify and create client use cases/sales plays and enable partner reps to have consistent, effective and engaging sales conversations with prospects and clients at each stage of the sales cycle.
- Identify trendsetter ideas by researching industry and related events, publications, and announcements; tracking individual contributors and their accomplishments.
- Develop and maintain communications in a cooperative and professional manner with all levels of staff and clients using established guidelines.
- Build market position by locating, developing, defining, negotiating, and closing business relationships.
- Locate or propose potential business deals by contacting potential partners; discovering and exploring opportunities.
- Make sales contacts, research client needs and develop application of products and services.
- Develop a growth strategy focused both on financial gain and client satisfaction.
- Conduct research to identify new markets and client needs.
- Promote the True Digital Security’s services/products by addressing or predicting clients’ objectives.
- Close new business deals by coordinating requirements; develop and negotiate contracts; integrate contract requirements with business operations.
- Participate in sales forecasting and planning.
- Develop and deliver sales presentations and close sales.
- Keep records of sales, revenue, invoices etc.
- Provide trustworthy feedback and after-sales support.
- Build long-term relationships with new and existing clients and partners.
- Participate in the development of company sales budget and manage assigned sales budgets.
- Participate in development of new services and products, modification of existing services and products and termination of ineffective services and products.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Lead planning, coordination and execution of partner training activities such as channel sales webinars, etc.
- Evaluate and engage with external partners for creation of new messaging and tools such as playbooks, selling guides, whiteboards, etc.
- Coordinate enablement initiatives to support opportunities with specific verticals like healthcare, retail, etc.
- Create easy to use content-kits to support partner readiness for various campaigns/solution areas.
- This position requires up to 50% travel. Frequent travel is outside the local area and overnight.
- BSc/BA in business administration, sales or relevant field
- 5+ years of Sales Enablement / Channel Marketing / Channel Sales / Product Marketing experience in IT networking
- Advanced training in sales skills and methodologies
- Proven working experience as a business development manager, sales executive or a relevant role
- Proven sales track record with consistent achievement of target quotas
- Flexibility to work in a rapidly changing environment and less defined organization required
- Must be a team player with an ability to work cross functionally
- Self-starter with an ability to lead and follow-through on projects as well as manage a healthy workload required
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are necessary
- Strong communication and negotiation skills with ability to quickly build rapport
- Proficiency in MS Office and CRM software (e.g. Salesforce)
- Experience in client support
- Extensive market knowledge
- An understanding of IT networking channels is required
- Comfort in articulating technical service features and differentiation
- Time management and planning skills
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Working independently with a minimum amount of oversight
Applicants must be qualified to work in the U.S. True Digital Security will not sponsor applicants for employment visas.
About True Digital Security:
True Digital Security is a leading information security services & consulting firm, committed to helping our clients achieve best practices and compliance objectives, while mitigating risk. True is more than just a cybersecurity provider. We become an integral part of our clients’ teams, helping them make informed risk management decisions and enabling their businesses to operate most securely and efficiently.
Our team is comprised of industry-certified security professionals, skilled and experienced in the areas of Network Security, Application Security, Risk Management, Compliance & Audit (PCI DSS, NERC CIP, HIPAA/HITECH, FFIEC, SSAE 16/SOC 2, etc.), Managed Services and Incident Response.
We offer an excellent benefit package that includes medical, dental, vision, life & AD&D, 401(k) and a generous PTO policy.
No phone calls please.
To All Agencies:
Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of True Digital Security outside of the Human Resources team. True Digital Security’s policy is to only accept resumes from agencies with which True Digital Security has communicated directly. Agencies must have a pre-existing, valid fee agreement in place. Agencies must have been assigned the specific requisition to which they submit resumes. Any resume submitted outside of this process will be deemed the sole property of True Digital Security. In the event that a candidate submitted outside of this policy is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.